Despite America’s rich history as a haven for ambitious immigrant entrepreneurs, many foreigners have to cope with increasingly restrictive immigration policies as U.S. immigration law is often not particularly welcoming to foreign nationals who wish to start their own companies. Our office routinely handles immigrant and non-immigrant petitions on behalf of startup companies in the information technology, biotechnology, healthcare and other fields.
We are engaged in various startup communities as mentors and partners and understand the needs of a small or a startup company with respect to immigration. We are happy to apply our knowledge and experience to your case.
What we can do for you?
- Advise you on the options for starting your own company from both the immigration and corporate law perspectives.
- Provide strategies and scenarios to fulfill the immigration eligibility requirements for owners of substantial interest in the petitioning company.
- Help you understand and navigate the best immigration approach for hiring foreign nationals for your startup.
- Work with you to create the best business strategy for your startup.
- From our experience, we can confidently say that it is possible for startup companies to get approvals for E-2, O-1 and H-1B petitions if appropriate planning and preparation go into such petitions.
Over the years we have developed unique expertise in the specific requirements applicable to startup and entrepreneur nonimmigrant and immigrant visas. From analyzing your situation, through providing guidance in structuring an investment of a company, to putting together and executing an immigration strategy, our office is happy and available to help. Please get in touch with one of our attorneys for a personalized consultation and case review.