Ms. Aleksandra Michailov has a decade of experience in US immigration including employment-based immigration benefits, corporate compliance and family based immigration. She represents corporate and individual clients in a wide range of cross-border immigration matters including mobility of key foreign executives and managers, specialized knowledge workers, and foreign nationals with extraordinary ability.
Aleksandra was selected to the 2017 Super Lawyers Rising Star list for Washington, DC. Super Lawyers Magazine, published by Thomson Reuters, is a rating service of prominent attorneys who have attained a high-degree of peer recognition and professional achievement and the Rising Stars list includes only 2 percent of lawyers in the Washington region.
Prior to joining the Capitol Immigration Law Group, Ms. Michailov served as an immigration associate with a prestigious international law firm in Washington DC where she counseled multinational corporations on U.S. immigration and compliance matters. She also advised clients on global mobility matters with a focus on the assignment of expatriates to the Europe and Middle East regions. She has extensive expertise with entry, work and residency processes in various jurisdictions around the world.
Ms. Michailov also has broad international law knowledge. She conducted legal research with the World Bank Group in Washington, DC and regularly writes about immigration compliance and migration policies to various news and trade publications. She is fluent in Polish.
Ms. Michailov earned her Master of Laws (LL.M.) degree from Georgetown University Law Center in Washington, DC and a Master of Arts in International Commerce and Policy degree from George Mason University. Ms. Michailov is licensed to practice in the District of Columbia and the State of New York. She is a distinguished and active member of a number of professional organizations, including the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA).
· Master of Laws (LL.M.), Georgetown University Law Center
· Master of Arts in International Commerce and Policy, George Mason University
· Juris Doctor (JD), Adam Mickiewicz University, Poznan, Poland
· District of Columbia (DC) Court of Appeals
· New York Supreme Court
Memberships and Affiliations
· American Bar Association
· American Immigration Lawyers Association
· New York State Bar Association
Publications and Speaking Engagements
· Named Super Lawyers Rising Star for Washington, DC in 2017
· Quoted in State Department Rolls Back Some Visa Application Dates – Law360
· Quoted in What Healthcare Employers Should Know About ICE Investigations – PreCheck
· Quoted in USCIS Announces Major Update To Monthly Visa Bulletin – Law360
· Quoted in Deportation Mill?: Salvadoran Mom, Son Get Day in Remote Immigration Court – Daily Signal
· Presentation at the ZGC Innovation Center in Santa Clara, CA on “Immigration Options for Foreign Entrepreneurs“
· Confidently Compliant – HRO Today
· Paper or Electronic I-9– HRO Today
· Immigration Compliance for Human Resources – Webinar
· Internal I-9 Audit: Training for Human Resources – Webinar
· Preserving and Maintaining U.S. Permanent Residency – Webinar