Jobs at CILGDimo R. Michailov, Esq.
The Capitol Immigration Law Group PLLC is a boutique law firm specializing in employment-based immigration and representing employers and individuals. We are also growing fast. We are looking for smart, creative people who will give 100 percent. In exchange, we’ll provide tremendous opportunities for growth, development and professional fulfillment.
Business Immigration Paralegal (Apply Now!)
The Business Immigration Paralegal provides support to attorneys in the preparation and filing of petitions and applications with federal government agencies. Subject to the supervision of the attorney(s) responsible for the matter, the Business Immigration Paralegal may assist in such tasks as: preparing routine correspondence, researching immigration law and procedures and case management. Paralegals also play a significant role in gathering information from clients and assisting with immigration strategies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collect information and documentation from clients;
- Prepare draft filings to relevant federal and state agencies;
- Conduct research of immigration law and procedures;
- Prepare draft correspondence and memoranda;
- Enter case information into web-based case management system;
- Track the status of filings and inform the client of any follow up that may be necessary; and
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND TALENTS:
- Multiple years of business immigration paralegal experience preparing non-immigrant (e.g., H-1B, L-1, E-2, O-1) and immigrant (PERM and EB-1) filings;
- Experience with INSZoom;
- Excellent professionalism, attention to detail and strong organizational and communication (oral and written) skills;
- Ability to work efficiently in a dynamic environment and on multiple projects; and
- Technology and web-savvyness.
LOCATION AND HOURS:
- Downtown Bethesda, MD; and
- 9:00 am to 6:00 pm Monday through Friday, with overtime as required.